The Power of Ideas

This forum is for submitting ideas for our G-Wizard Software and Voting on them.

How can we improve our G-Wizard software? (Please tell us which package)

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Tool family - ability to create a quick access list

This idea assumes that the tool family database will expand and eventually come with a huge selection of tooling similar to how the material database has expanded.

I will post the same suggestion I had for the materials - allow the user to browse/search the massive database and set what tool families they use. These should then be accessible from a quick drop down list on the main calculator interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Calculator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make the Tool Crib a full-fledged main tool database

Hi Bob,

for everyone working with mills and drills sooner or later the time comes when a decision has to be made where and how to organize all the data for the tools on the shop. From my point of view using GWizard's Tool Crib could be a good choice to create a shop's main tooling database as I guess that all its users are using it quite often... ;)

But for this we need to be able to define all the data for each and every of our tools in the Tool Crib. For example we are not able…

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Calculator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Folks, we are in 100% agreement on this goal, so no further voting is needed—this is what we want to do.

Our goal with the Tool Crib is to make it the single source of information on all tooling across our software line as well as integrated with other software such as CAD/CAM.

There are some important considerations here. For example, when we add new functionality to the Tool Crib, we try to look much more broadly than just at how our own software would use that functionality. We try to look across our array of CAD/CAM partners, for example, to research how they do the same thing and what we might need to do to be compatible.

As such, we’re a trifle cautious about willy-nilly adding too quickly to the Crib’s functionality. We don’t want to get painted into any corners by deploying functionality…

• Unlimited user-defined fields for Tool Crib

This will make the tool crib more specific to individual needs for the
        G-Wizard G-Code Editor and the G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  G-Code Editor/Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base