How can we improve our G-Wizard software? (Please tell us which package)

Select what materials are accessible from the dropdown list

I still think it would be great if the user could select what materials are on the material drop down. Yes, the drop down is already a shortened list of popular materials. Yes, you can search for materials and get your history from the more button. I like these improvements, but going a step further and letting me set what is on the drop down would be even better.

In my case it would be only three or four materials. Of course this is a minor improvement to the interface, but every click and every inch of mouse movement you can reduce, the better the interface gets.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex RichAlex Rich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex RichAlex Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob, a history is not the same thing I was trying to propose but I totally understand your decision to decline.

Just throwing an idea out there, it comes from using Solidworks. They have a fastener toolbox (you may be familiar with this) that could have every fastener for every standard on earth, but they give you the option to deselect standards that you don't use. For instance I disable everything except ANSI inch and metric to reduce the amount of information I have to sift through when selecting a fastener or a thread size.

Feedback and Knowledge Base