How can we improve our G-Wizard software? (Please tell us which package)

Ability to run on Android and iOS Tablets

I usually do my programming on the desktop computer but sometimes need to do it on the lower powered one running mach3. It would be nice to use GWiz for the feeds but the cnc controller does not have a net connection as it far away. My android tablet would be a good way of getting info when I need it.

574 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    george konstantinidis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminRobert Warfield (CEO, CNCCookbook) responded  · 

Much as I like the idea, the business model for iOS and Android is lousy. They want a 30% revenue share plus users expect the apps to cost less. That’s tough to devote resources to. If that changes down the road, I would reconsider.

Meanwhile, full-scale operating systems are catching up in terms of capability and mobile size. You can buy a Microsoft Surface or similar tablet that runs any Windows software for a few hundred dollars. Those prices will keep coming down and older machines will be available used even more cheaply.

I want to close this one so everyone’s votes can be applied elsewhere.

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ,Please make an app for iPad users than I will purchase it.There are other app from different companies already available.Thanks

• Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any status on this? I'd love to velcro an old iPad to my enclosure to keep GWizard handy

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An app for iPad would be awesome! I use Windows and iPad. I prefer to use the iPad in my shop. I see there are many comments/suggestions pertaining to this. Is there any update?

• vic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be nice as we could have the tablet, get the speed and feed on the tablet and input directly to the pc or laptop without any screen shufflling

• Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will most certainly purchase this in an app form, especially the calculator. I'm very new to machining but this has been a great help!

• John Belue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this as an app for the iphone or droid think you would get a lot more people to purchase. I am sure I would get the calculator for sure but would rather have both. My thoughts.

Thanks

• Jim Terney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does G-Wizard still plan on have a version for android and ios tablets? I would be nice to use G-Wizard from a tablet in my shop.

• Eric Fountain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thinking about getting a smartphone, and would like to have G wizard on it so I don't need my laptop out in the shop.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the app for the iPad as i am having problems keeping the swarf out of my keypad on my expensive laptop?

• rick lucchetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see more engineers using tablets these days and I'm sure they would love to see apps they can use at the machine on their tablets. Editing programs, maybe some toolpath and communications would be nice.

• Victor Estes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue with my MACH 3 computer not on the net, and also working/programming at several shops. An iOS App for the iPAD and Iphone would be fantastic. Just my preference, but I know a lot of people like Android too, so would need that as well.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base